Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the summer camp hours? Camp is from 9AM until 3:00PM. There is a half day option for Sprout Camp (4-6yrs old) from 9AM to 12:30. There is before and after care available.
- Will my children be safe? This issue is very important to us. Our camp is licensed by the Maryland State Dept of Health. We are required to meet their standards, similar to a daycare provider including background checks and submitting employee fingerprints for child protection. Some camp counselors are trained in CPR. The week before camp begins we perform safety training for counselors using best practices from accreditation agencies. There are no hidden places on the farm where a child and counselor will be alone. We emphasize an open air environment. In the rare case that an activity is in a closed room, we have made sure every room has a door with a window.
- Can you give us more information on daily activities? The mornings are filled with light duty chore activities. This includes collecting eggs, moving animals, grooming animals. Mid morning is more educational with on farm trips visiting interesting historical sites on the farm, such as the natural spring, spring house and the ice house, as well as environmental projects on the farm such as the food forest and the swales and berms. After lunch is dedicated to fun activities. These usually involve non-competitive water activities and board games if the weather is inclement.
- How do kids cool down? We are an open air camp with a passion for enjoying the environment we are in. There are no air conditioned facilities. However, there are nice places to cool down, such as the pavilion and run-in with big fans, as well as recreation areas by the stream.
- What if my child has allergies? We make our best effort to give all children a full farm experience with diligent attention to their allergies. However, it is very hard to control allergens on a farm. We have had many successful campers with a range of allergies. Active parental cooperation is appreciated.
- Will you respect our religious dietary guidelines for our children? You bet. We have our own particular desires for our children’s formation and we understand parents that desire the same for their children.
WordPress Site developed by BN Web Design